Saturday, August 22, 2009

Second Nap

Okay I officially have no idea what is going on with my naps.  I did manage to sleep some during my midnight nap, I think.  The whole experience is just rather strange and outside my experience. Sometimes, I'll have . . . almost a spasm of intensely deep sleep, for just a few seconds or minutes. Other times, I'll wake up, and be startled to be awake, because I genuinely thought I was awake when I had actually been asleep.  That might be the result of slipping between light sleep and wakefulness, maybe? 

As far as the spasms of intense sleep are concerned, I don't know what's going on with those. Sometimes they're associated with weird things, like mathematical formulas.  And for at least the last two naps, hearing the alarm has actually pushed me deeper into sleep for a few seconds - it induces one of those spurts.  

EDIT: I forgot to add that it's a little frustrating, because it's always something very specific that induce those spurts, and I can never remember exactly what it is, even though I'm trying to hang on to it at the time - and I'm aware of this, which I guess makes them extremely lucid intense sleep bursts.  Anybody have a name for this?

No comments:

Post a Comment